Intervention services provided by New Horizons Academy to Autism and Jon Peterson Special Needs scholarship students will meet standards and goals set forth on the IEP by accomplishing the following:
- Collaboration and teamwork to deliver flexible options and individualized learning experiences/programs to achieve high levels of success.
- A safe, nurturing, accepting and supportive learning environment
- Integrated and embedded therapy services (ABA, CE, OT and Speech/Language) to ensure maximum potential and generalization of newly learned skills.
- The school places a strong emphasis on staff training and development. Research-based training, with measurable outcomes, is used to equip staff in fulfilling the school’s mission of developing the full potential of our students.
- Multifaceted approach for each student
- NHA offers a high level of support and individualized teaching, utilizing a 1:2 staff-to-student ratio.
New Horizons Academy will communicate progress to parents and staff of a student’s home district via detailed progress reports at regular points throughout the academic year. Additionally, New Horizons staff will maintain daily records of student work toward IEP goals; these data and observations will be shared with staff of a student’s home district on a monthly basis.