STANDARDS BASED GOALS
Intervention services provided by New Horizons Academy to Autism and Jon Peterson Special Needs scholarship students will meet standards and goals set forth on the IEP by accomplishing the following:
- Providing gross and fine motor intervention via Conductive Education programming;
- Providing cognitive stimulation and developmentally-appropriate academic activities that align with State core standards as much as possible throughout a structured daily routine;
- Providing social skill training in a group setting;
- Providing support of communication skills on an individual basis within a group setting;
- Providing sensory integration services to assist in accomplishing individual goals; and
- Working closely with parents, providing them with practical advice on how to transfer tasks and practice skills in their home environment.
- New Horizons Academy will communicate progress to parents and staff of a student’s home district via detailed progress reports at regular points throughout the academic year. Additionally, New Horizons staff will maintain daily records of student work toward IEP goals; these data and observations will be shared with staff of a student’s home district on a monthly basis.